Healthy School Meals
At St Cross School we have achieved the Healthy School Meals Mark, our fantastic cooks work extremely hard to make sure that day in, day out, both the children and the staff are well fed with a healthy lunch.
We aim to:
- Enable pupils to make healthy food choices through the provision of information and development of appropriate skills and attitudes.
- Provide healthy food choices throughout the school day.
All children are encouraged to bring a water bottle to school throughout the year, which they can keep on their desk. There are water fountains in the playground.
If your child has a packed lunch we need to make sure it has:
- A carbohydrate of some kind. For example, sandwich, pitta bread, wrap, crackers
- A protein of some kind in the sandwich/pitta bread/wrap etc. For example, cheese, turkey, ham, tuna, chicken, beans, egg
- At least one piece of fruit or vegetables
For some ideas, please visit: https://www.nhs.uk/change4life/recipes/healthier-lunchboxes