Welcome to the Local Governors pages for St Cross School!
The governors at St. Cross Catholic Primary School are fully committed to supporting the Head Teacher and Senior Leadership Team to continue to provide the very best education and school experience for our children. The relationship between the governors and the leadership team is positive and based upon trust, openness and transparency.
In line with the Trust’s Scheme of Delegation, we are responsible for supporting school improvement and engaging with school leaders and the community to ensure that all pupils reach their full potential, regardless of background or level of ability.
The LGB responsibilities are:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff;
- Monitoring child protection and welfare including attendance, behaviour, suspensions, and permanent exclusions; and
- Oversee the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
- Local Governors are all volunteers.
- We meet each term to implement these responsibilities. We receive reports in advance and provide support and challenge to the school leadership on each of these areas, agreeing actions or interventions if necessary.
- School visits help us to understand more about the school and the reality of school life.
- In addition to these formal meetings there are a series of informal sub-committee meetings dealing with more specific issues such as admissions, and finance. Governors also have responsibilities for areas such as Pupil Premium, SEND, PE and Sports Premium, and also Safeguarding.
- Governors adopt, review and monitor a range of policies that govern the operation of the school including Admissions, Behaviour, Attendance, Curriculum and Performance Management.
Governors do not involve themselves in the day-to-day running or management of the school. The day-to-day running and management of the school are matters for the Headteacher and his senior team. Parents with specific ideas or concerns about any school-related matter should share these with the relevant member of staff (for example the class teacher, assistant headteachers or Headteacher). In unusual circumstances, matters for the attention of the Governing Board may be referred to the Clerk to the Governors, using the school's address.
If you wish to contact the Chair of Governors, you can do so via the school office or by email to email@example.com
We carry out an annual survey of parents, staff and discuss the results.
We provide feedback and updates to parents on the survey and other activities via the website and newsletter. Governors also attend meetings and discuss the results of pupil surveys and feedback from class teachers.
We are always keen to hear the view of parents – please feel able to tell us what you think at any time.
The Governors would like to express their thanks to:
- our pupils for all their hard work
- our staff for their continued commitment to the school
- our parents and carers for their support and feedback and
- our volunteers for all the time they freely give that makes a huge difference.