Workshops for Parents
HCT (Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust) are the providers for therapies for children with SEND and they have been developing a range of workshops for parents as part of their contract. They have two sensory workshops for parents running next term led by their occupational therapists. The workshops are open access to parents – you don’t need to be on their caseload.
The service is also asking that parents take these workshops before requesting a referral to occupational therapy for sensory issues.
Sensory issues affect a wide range of children and young people with SEND. We are not talking here about visual and hearing impairments but rather about those who have difficulties such as high sensitivity to noise, touch, knowing where they are in space, textures etc.
The first workshop – Understanding your child’s sensory needs - is intended for parents of younger children new to sensory needs. More details and booking via these links
- Tuesday 26th January 1.30 – 2.30 pm https://tinyurl.com/y2q54a45
- Thursday 18th February 1.30 – 2.30 pm https://tinyurl.com/yxh4647z
- Wednesday 10th March 10.30 – 11.30 am https://tinyurl.com/yxcr9yy6
- Tuesday 12th January 1.30 – 2.30 pm https://tinyurl.com/y6q55a8s
- Thursday 11th February 11.00 – 12.00 pm https://tinyurl.com/y3uyocoq
- Wednesday 3rd March 10.00 – 11.00 am https://tinyurl.com/y3yv7fvx