St Augustine's Church
- Hoddesdon parish was founded in 1932. Where the clock tower now stands there was once a small Catholic chapel dedicated to St. Catherine.
- It was founded in 1932 when, the Canons Regular of St Augustine moved into Hoddesdon.
- The Archdiocese of Westminster took over the parish when the Augustinian canons left in 1958.
- The new St Augustine Church was opened in 1962.
Father Philip Miller is the parish priest of St Augustine’s Church. In the short time that he has taken over he has already made a considerable difference within the community, working tirelessly for his parishoners. He communicates at all levels to both young and old. He is always approachable and has a calming manner. Father Philip makes regular visits to St Cross Primary School enriching the Catholic teachings within the school and has a fantastic rapport with all of the children. On holy days of obligation children will attend Mass at the Church along with children of St Augustine's Primary school and on some occasions Father Philip will say mass at the school. For further information about the Parish church you can visit the website at: