After School Club
At St Cross Catholic School we have a fantastic After School Club. Whether you are a working parent or would simply like your child to enjoy some fun and exciting activities after school, the club is available for all. The children all enjoy the club but don’t just take our word for it. Please read what the children themselves have to say about it……………
“I love going to after school club because there are lots of games that we can play and I like playing the sports outside” Year 3 Pupil
“I like to go to after school club because we make things” Reception Pupil
“I like after school club because I can play with my friends” Year 2 Pupil
“I enjoy going to after school club because it is always fun” Year 4 Pupil
St Cross After School Club Activity Information
The following types of activities are available:
- Varied games suitable for the ages of the children 5 – 11 years. The variety of games will include board games which would involve the development of social skills and also single player games.
- The use of the computer suite, depending on flexibility within school, available for research and games.
- Use of the school library, books and magazines available in a quiet area.
- Variety of colouring, drawing and art materials and activities.
- TV and DVD available with age appropriate DVDs.
- The quiet area is available for those who wish to check/do homework (this is children’s choice, not enforced and not to be used as a form of tuition).
- Outdoor sports and activities and equipment weather permitting.
Members of staff will be available to interact and play with the children throughout.
After School Club is open from 3.15pm - 6pm Monday to Thursday
Children are able to arrive at 3.15pm.
For children using the club from 3.15pm – 4.15pm, a drink and fruit will be provided for children at 3.45pm.
For children using the club from 3.15pm – 6.00pm, a drink and light tea will be provided at 4.45pm.
Children will be encouraged to become more independent in getting their refreshments and snacks, and tidying up their plates and cups etc. They will be encouraged to leave the area in a clean tidy manner.
Activities will be available from the start of the club at 3.15pm until 5.45pm leaving 15 minutes to allow for children to tidy up and be ready to be collected on time by parents or carers. A variety of activities will be available on the tables and some will be stored in the cupboards but easily accessible should the children wish to use them.
5.45pm children will be assisting staff in tidying away the equipment, in preparation for the closure of the school.
5.55pm children will collect their belongings and be ready for collection by parents or carers.