At St Cross we work within a Catholic ethos to create an inclusive learning culture, where children are challenged in their thinking, strive for continuous improvement and are committed to lifelong learning.
We provide a learning environment which:
- promotes the full spiritual, academic, personal and social development of each child
- encourages growing independence and enjoyment of learning
- encourages children to develop lively enquiring minds and the will to persevere
- fosters the ability to identify and to solve problems
- nurtures a ‘growth mind-set’
- ensures the ability to work in co-operation with one another, learning to both lead and to accept direction and to share.
We offer a curriculum which is broad and balanced and which builds on the knowledge, understanding and skills of all children, whatever their starting points, as they progress through each Key Stage. The curriculum incorporates the statutory requirements and other experiences and opportunities which best meet the learning and developmental needs of the pupils in our school. The aim of our curriculum is for pupils to have the requisite skills to be successful, independent and motivated learners in readiness for their next stage of education.
More information on the curriculum is provided under each Year Group.